Rachel McCann, Senior Director, Health & Benefits
Rachael is a Health & Benefit Senior Director based in the Willis Towers Watson Philadelphia office. She has over 20 years of experience as an advisor supporting employers in their health & welfare benefit strategy. This includes execution plans demonstrating innovation, modernization, cost management, with a focus on inclusion, diversity and the employee experience.
Rachael is the North American Health and Benefits (H&B) Compliance Specialty Practice leader, as well as a leader of the Inclusion and Diversity (I&D) consulting services within the H&B practice. Prior to joining Willis Towers Watson in 2005, she worked at Deloitte Consulting LLP and Cigna Healthcare.
Rachael possesses a broad array of experience which includes the following:
- Leads a team of attorneys who provide compliance expertise to Willis Towers Watson clients and colleagues in the US and Canada focused on health and welfare benefit plan design and strategy, executive welfare and compensation plan design and legal compliance issues (including the ACA, ERISA, the Internal Revenue Code, COBRA, HIPAA, the FMLA, USERRA and state insurance laws). The team performs a number of compliance focused functions, including: ACA, HIPAA, operational and wellness reviews, as well as nondiscrimination testing, drafting of plan documents and responding to ad hoc compliance needs.
- Advises clients on the interplay of I&D and benefits, talent expectations as well as those of investors and regulators and how employers can optimize based on the diverse characteristics of their current and future workforce. This includes a focus on external metrics related to I&D and sustainability and benefit reviews.
- Support clients in their health and welfare benefit strategy and design, pricing, benchmarking, vendor management, compliance activities and due diligence and related implementations. Special projects have focused on total rewards, benefit related activities within mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. Audit strategy and compliance consulting has focused on bridging traditional program management activities such as claim and operational audits, to compliance requirements and best practices (e.g., ACA, ERISA, IRC, HIPAA, EEOC).
||Mariann Madden, Director, Rewards at Willis Towers Watson
Mariann Madden is a Rewards Director based in Willis Towers Watson’s Chicago office. She has over 20 years of experience as an advisor to external clients, organizational leaders and internal practitioners on global total rewards and organizational development matters. Prior to joining Willis Towers Watson in 2014, Mariann served in organizational development, talent management, and compensation consulting roles at Heitman LLC, Deloitte Consulting LLP, and Arthur Andersen LLP.
Mariann possesses a broad array of experience which includes the following:
- Development of job leveling frameworks, titling conventions, base pay structures and pay governance
- Management of compensation work streams for Merger & Acquisition engagements, conducting side-by-side analysis of compensation programs and drafting recommendations for integration of the compensation programs and practices for the companies involved in the transaction
- Development, implementation and management of performance management programs
- Development and integration of functional job competencies into talent acquisition, compensation, and performance management processes
- Design and facilitation of manager effectiveness training programs
- Design, implementation, and administration of global compensation programs
- Development of international HR programs and processes
In addition to her consulting role, Mariann is a member of the North American job leveling and fair pay teams, which focus on building job frameworks and conducting pay equity evaluations. Mariann received a B.A. in Accounting from St. Ambrose University. She is a member of WorldatWork and serves as a Director on the Chicago Compensation Association Board.